Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thuja Plicata/Arbor Vitae


Thuja Plicata/Arbor Vitae

Making my way through forest park
Snow falling all around me as I take the silent trek with the blonde beauty
My tracks are first which seems satisfying somehow.Add Image

A month ago you fell and I’ve walked past you several times since then
But today, thoughts of botox and birthday filled my head
Silly woman clinging to the youth she never squandered.

Was it a terrific gust that brought you down in that December storm
Or was it the collective efforts of the rain and wind over so many decades
And does it matter what finally brought you weeping to the forest floor?

Days after you gave way to the forces you could not match
They came with screaming chainsaws and cut you in two,
Your magnificent corpse impeding the progress of hikers.

Cracked wide and yawning open
Your belly red and teeming with mushrooms and insects
In your death you continue to give life.

No comments: